Monday, February 12, 2018

Chocolates Mean Love!

     I remember as a child growing up that there were a few special occasions when a box of fancy chocolates would show up and they were always occasions when love was being celebrated - Valentine's  Day, my parent's Anniversary, sometimes even Mother's Day.  If we were oh, so good, we could choose a piece from the box and that meant "Love!"

     My card today celebrates those lovely memories with an image from House Mouse.


I decided that I'd also use the color palette from Outlawz Color Challenge 
since it has all my favorite purples in it.  :-D


     I stamped and colored the image (using ProMarkers), then cut it with a plain rectangle die from Spellbinders.  I matted it with dp from SU and cut it again with another, larger die from that set.  The background dp came from a pad by Paper House.  I've used so much of it because of the entire pad is all purples and now I wish I'd purchased three of them instead of just the one.

     I wrapped the card front with sheer, lavender ribbon and dug out one of my hand-sewn bows, dyed it purple, and layered it onto the sheer ribbon.  The tiny flower is embroidered using purple floss for the flower itself and a combination of purple and green floss for the stem and leaf.

     Finally, I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, and added it to the bottom corner of the image.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More
Cards in Envy
Color Inspiration Mon.
Creates and Makes
House Mouse
I {heart} ProMarkers
Lemon Shortbread
Simon Says Stamp
Unicorn

     Have a great Monday and Happy Crafting.   NanaConnie

21 comments:

America said...

Hi Nana Connie. CHOCOLATES do mean LOVE! :) Beautiful purple colors & design with this fab Mousey image! Thx so much for joining the fun at HMFMC! Good Luck! :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Connie :-) aww the little meeces choosing a chocolate, so sweet! The whole design of this is adorable :-)

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge 🐰
luv
Lols x x x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! What happy memories of chocolates, our time was Christmas for choccies, Yep! happy memories and this image and your card is just wonderful to remember with Love.
Faith
x

aussie aNNie said...

Cute image and card, chocolates, yum, lovely colours used too.. Thanks so much for entering into our ANYTHING GOES/LOVE current challenge and good luck in the draw. . {aNNie}Designer for House Mouse and Friends 🐰

Bunny said...

I've never seen this image. It is adorable. The coloring is beautiful and the papers are lovely. I wonder if the hamster in the background is the gift giver. I remember our family getting special boxes of chocolates. Just smelling them was wonderful. I always wanted the empty box, too. A very cute card. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Sue said...

An adorable stamp. Loved your story about a box of chocolates. And picking just one was a process!!
Beautiful colors and coloring and card design. Thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card those mice are just so cute. Thank you for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge Blog for Challenge 29 “Love/Valentine’s.” Hugs Jackie (DT)

Sherri Thacker said...

WOW! Your coloring is amazing! I love this! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my goodness Connie this is stunning! I love the gorgeous papers and your colouring of the mice is superb.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,fab image and love the design.xxx

Furrbster said...

The colouring is stunning! I do love house mouse designs, they are so cute - and what a way to show just how much chocolates do mean love lol.

Thanks for playing over at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

jimlynn said...

Love, love, LOVE!!! Your coloring is fantastic and I just love those little mice. Beautiful card Connie! Wow!
Lynn

Dorte said...

New image to me Conni, it's so very cute and the purple card you have made with it is beautiful. thanks for joining our challenge at HM&FMC, and for sharing your memories ;)
Dorte x

Lori Kobular said...

Chocolate sure does mean LOVE in my book!! They look so yummy and now I am craving chocolate! Ugh! Your card is perfect, I love the purple with the mice and chocolate!

Sandy Trefger said...

Chocolates do mean love! I adore your cute little mice and the lovely purple paper! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.
~Sandy
Sandy Trefger Creative Designs

Christine said...

Super gorgeous mousey image, these guys sure are lucky with this big box choccys, great take on the Option chall theme .

Thanks for sharing with us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge


Smiles Christine xx

Sharon Noble said...

Beautiful card love it. Thank You for joining us at I ❤️ Pro Markers Challenge Blog. Hugs from Sharon xxx

Diane said...

Wow Connie, amazing colouring sweetie !! So glad a box of chocolates holds such happy memories for you !! Thanks for playing along with us at HMFMC

hugs Diane xx

Sue from Oregon said...

This must have taken forever to color-great job and beautifully designed!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

I hope you will join our new Spring challenge!!!


♥ Sue Kment

Clare Jones said...

Stunning card,
Thank you for joining us at Ilovepromarkers.blogspot.co.uk
Clare DT x

Nikki said...

Great project.
Thank you for playing along with us over on I Love Promarkers.
Nikki xxx
DT