Thursday, January 11, 2018

"Never Forget" Belated Birthday

     I know the title of this post is a complete contradiction but I'm using this card for a birthday which I did forget so...  The cute little elephant is an image from Dragon's Lair January Progressive challenge


     I colored with my ProMarkers, then cut the image with a square die from QuicKutz.  The two rectangular pieces of dp are cut with Chain Link dies from Gina Marie.  Both of those papers are from SU.

     The card front is dry embossed with a bamboo embossing folder.  I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, inked the edge, and mounted it onto the card front.  Because this is a masculine birthday card, I did no fru-fru embellishing.

     Challenges:
Color Inspiration Monday
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Sentiments
Digi Choosday
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Passion for ProMarkers
Simon Says Stamp
TTCRD
Tuesday Throwdown

     I'm off to get this into the mail so that it won't be any later reaching the recipient.  Bad enough that I forgot to get the card made in time for it to arrive on his birthday!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Linda Mc Enery said...

What a wonderful male card! That elephant is almost too cute, and I love the colours you chose! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Passion for Promarkers! Linda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Now that reminds me I haven't done mine LOL, LOVE what you have done with it Connie, such a cute image.
Faith
x

Crafty KJ said...

This is such a sweet card and I love this cute elephant! The purple and blue colour scheme is fab and ideal for a masculine card! Thanks for joining in with this week's challenge at Passion for Promarkers. Hugs, Karen xx

crafty said...

Lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting From the Heart this week.
Mary

ScrappyHorses said...

Oh, this is so delightful! Love the layout and the papers you chose to frame out this handsome fellow! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday! ~ Katrina

Anna said...

Very beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week! Anna Dt

The Crafty Den said...

A really cute card Connie. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Unknown said...

What a neat card! Love that elephant and the embossing folder is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Sarah said...

That comment from Tuesday Throwdown was me, Nanna Connie! I couldn't get my computer to recognize my sign in!

Juls said...

This is too cute.. thank u for sharing it with us at Digi Choosday crafty hugs Julia xx

Gayatri said...

That elephant is super cute. Love it. Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Pattern Paper challenge. Gayatri xx