Monday, January 15, 2018

Birthday Celebrations Day 3

     Here it is Monday and the theme at the week long birthday celebrations at Catch the Bug is "Anything but a Card" so I stuck with the birthday idea and made a gift bag using an image from  Bugaboo Stamps and 12 x 12 scrapbooking paper over lightweight CS.


     I thought the balloons on the paper fit in perfectly with the idea of a birthday party so I tried to match colors from the paper when I colored the image with ProMarkers. 

     To make the bag, I followed instructions I found years ago on some packaging.  I used two 5 x 7 sheets of light CS for the sides and one 4 x 5 piece for the bottom.  I used two full sheets of the balloon paper, taped together along one side to make a 12 x 24 inch piece, and I adhered the CS pieces to the back of the paper (what will make the inside of the bag.)  I trimmed it to size, leaving enough paper to fold in and make the sides of the bag.

     I added 2 heavy CS strips to the inside top on each side, punched holes, and added the woven trim to make the bag handles.  I inserted an end through each hole and tied a knot to keep them from pulling out.

     I wish I had taken photos as I went along.  I'm sure it would have made things much clearer.  Next time, I promise.  :-D

     Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft
Bugaboo Crafty
Crafting from the Heart
Crafts Galore Encore
Creatalicious
Not Just Cards
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
World Wide Open DT

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

What a fun gift bag!! Love it with that image!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Perfect image for your fun and festive gift bag!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Brilliant background for the fab coloured image, all perfect.
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous and such a wonderful idea.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Such an adorable gift bag!

Lisa Lynn said...

That is a wonderful bag for a birthday gift. Thanks for joining in the Bugaboo 8th Birthday Anything but a card Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Pia S said...

The paper bag and image suit each other perfectly! Fun bag! Glad to see you participate in our birthday bash fun over at Catch the Bug, good luck in the challenge.

Blossom Cards said...

lovely bag and image thanks for sharing with creatalicious Rachel DT

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh great bag design, what a fun image. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Ef-ka Ewa Flor said...

Fanny project!
Great Job!
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Ewa DT for  World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional cute” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Stempel-Magie)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…