Friday, December 1, 2017

Santa's Unusual Helper

     It's the last challenge of 2017 over at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and we have a new sponsor, Sasayaki Glitter.  I've played in many of their challenges and progressives and I'm just tickled to pieces to have them as a sponsor.

     I'm using "Christmas Dragoon."  I know that dragons aren't typical Christmas animals but my eldest granddaughter loves dragons (as do I) and I see no reason why they can't participate in this wonderful winter holiday.  They beat out penguins (who are basking in their summer during December) and lazy mama polar bears hibernating away with tiny cubs, and certainly are more delightful than Calling Birds or Partridges.  Yes, they are definitely my favorites because they are so unexpected!

     Besides, Santa obviously can't deliver packages to Dragon Mountain (far too dangerous for Santa) so Dragoon is now Santa for all those deliveries.  For those of you who wanted to see the actual Santa, sorry.  This is as close as we get today.  :-D


     Santa has his sleigh and Dragoon has his sled.  I hope his tiny wings will be enough to take off with that heavy load.

     The image is printed right onto the card base because I wanted this one to be very CAS.   I used ProMarkers to color the image and added a bit of sparkly gold and silver to the package wrappings and the sled runners.  I did print the sentiment separately, then hand cut it and added it to the upper corner but other than that, it's a single layer card.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Aud Sentiments
Color My Heart
Cookie Challenge
C.R.A.F.T.
Cute Card Thurs.
Double D
Everybody Art
I {heart} ProMarkers

Come play with us.  Remember, we always have a theme of "Anything Goes with a Critter" and we have a very broad interpretation of "critter."  :-D  Happy Stamping.

11 comments:

Darlene said...

This is a totally adorable card Connie but and I'm glad you shared it with us. However, I'm sure you understand we had to see 'Santa himself' to qualify for the prize! Hope you understand. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Here Comes Santa Claus’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Elaine Stark said...

A sweet card. Thanks for joinig AYLI challenge. Elaine

Lori Kobular said...

That Christmas Dragoon is just adorable! I love that he is pulling the present laden sled!

Furrbster said...

This is brilliant - please can Dragoon deliver my presents this year??

Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments and I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Deb said...

That is one very cute dragon, gorgeous card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Sheryl said...

What a cute little character to deliver your Christmas presents.
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Donna Phelan said...

So unique, so cute, so adorable! Santa can use all of the help he can get lol Thanks so much for playing along with us again at the Double D Challenge, Here Comes Santa Claus, Donna, DT Member.

Glenda Atkins said...

Awe such a cute dragon and I love the simplicity of the card. Lovely work!
hugs
Glenda

Sharon Noble said...

Such a wonderful card thank you for joining us at I 💗 Pro Markers hugs Sharon xx

Carol L said...

What a cute little image which I'm sure pleased your DGD since she likes dragons! Love the coloring and simple design for this great little card :)

Carol L said...

Oops! I hit publish before I could wish you a safe and wonderful new year in 2018! Best wishes always!