Saturday, October 14, 2017

Winter Wolf

     I got an early start on the weekend yesterday when it turned out that we had the afternoon off and, as I promised myself, I'm doing all crafting and no housework for the next two days.  I need the wind down and re-energizing time.

     The first thing I did was to look through my folder of already colored images and I found this gorgeous wolf which hadn't been colored!  It just appealed to me so I dug out the polychromos pencils and the ProMarkers and started coloring.

     Unfortunately, I hadn't put the artist's name on the back of the image so I can't tell you who drew it but I think it's magnificent.  If you recognize it, please let me know.  I'd love to edit this post and give the artist full credit.


     I haven't yet decided if it's going to be a Christmas birthday card or just a Christmas card (I have one or two of those among my family and friends) but I definitely gave it a winter feel with the slate and blue CS layers plus the snowflakes.  After I finished coloring the wolf, I cut it with a stitched rectangle die from Die-namics.  I also cut the slate blue CS with dies from that same set before layering in the wolf.

     I found deep blue CS for the card front, wrapped it with silver ribbon, and then added the image piece.  I die cut the snowflakes with a set from Art Impressions and added them along the borders of the image. Finally, I hand tied a bow using the same silver ribbon.  I think this will make a great masculine card.

     Challenges:
ABC Christmas
Crafty Creations
Crafty Friends
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
CHNC Extra
I {heart} ProMarkers
Jo's Scrap Shack
Penny's Paper Crafty
Scrappy Land
Word Art Weds.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this sure is magnificent Connie, love the colours you have used on the wolf. Enjoy your crafting weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my goodness!! I love that image of the wolf! We just recently went to a Wolf Rescue by us and they are so beautiful, sweet and gentle! Your card is stunning!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Lilibet said...

Lovely card - your colouring is fantastic. Thanks for playing along at I Love Promarkers, Liz (:(|)x

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 350, Hazel, DT, also for my CHNC challenge 355 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too x

Shelly Schmidt said...

How gorgeous is this card! The image is beautiful!!!

Creaine said...

very nice work!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends.
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Sherry said...

This is amazing thanxx for sharing at Jo’s scrap-shack.
Sherry Lynn
DT

Karen Letchworth said...

WOW, this is awesome. Such a super cool image and you've done an amazing job with it. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Helen said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x