Saturday, July 29, 2017

Whoo Loves Ya, Baby?

     Hey, look, a shaped card !  I do those so rarely because, although I love dies, I have very few which work as the overall shape for a card, size being the primary problem.  But this is a new-to-me Tonic Studios die set and I couldn't wait to use it.


     The owl is the current image from the progressive challenge at Limited Runs.  I used polychromos pencils and ProMarkers to color him, then die cut the image with a simple circle die from QuicKutz.  I cut the card shape with the largest die from the Tonic Studios set, just the outer circle.  Then I used that same die plus one of the smaller half circles to cut the yellow, polka dot dp which I layered onto the card front.  Lastly, I added the image circle and the bow.   I wanted to keep it as simple as possible so that the die work would shine.

     Challenges:
Aloha Friday
Brown Sugar
Colour Crazy
Crafty Catz
Cute Card Thursday
Cut It Up
Outlawz CAS
Polkadoodles
Time Out

     How can it be almost the end of July, for goodness sake?  2017 is more than half gone, many of us are already thinking about the Back to School sales and kids' fall clothes.  It'll be Halloween/ Thanksgiving/ harvest festivals before we know it, and then the Christmas madhouse will land on our doorstep.  Whew!  I think I'll leave for another two weeks of travel and pretend that it's still last spring.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is GORGEOUS, love the die and the owl and your colouring.
End of Summer? feels like it here with lashing rain and no sun, even the plants are beginning to look like it's the end of Summer!!!!
Faith
x

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

It's a lovely die, and you did a great job on the owl! Gosh, you sure make a year sound like a blink of the eye!! Good thing I have most of my Christmas cards done . . .

Thanks for joining us for our Friendship challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Linda Simpson said...

Love this card Connie, the owl is fabulous and loving the design of your card too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Nonni said...

What a cute owl and great use of dies! Very sweet little project! Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

Janette said...

This is so cute Connie, lovely die to..
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun image Connie! Really love the circle shaped design too!! HUGS

Aunty Sue said...

Great fun card thanks for sharing at crafty Catz this week hope to see you again in Sept

Unknown said...

Such a great cute and fun card. Thank you for joining us at The Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge week 30/31. Helen DT

Esther said...

So darn cute!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up this week!

Hester said...

Fabulous card! Gorgeous image and shape!
Thank you for joining us at Coulour Crazy Craft! Hester